Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the Hanging Tree....my first blog.


I got the name from one of my favorite book series, The House of Night. The Hanging Tree is a hawthorn tree and a rowan tree grown together. 




"Like a beacon drawing travelers, was what looked like two trees twisted together to form one. From the branches of the strange joining, strips of brightly colored cloth were tied to it in a strange yet complementary contrast to its ancient gnarled limbs. 


...the tree is a tree of wishes. Each knot--each strip of cloth--represents a wish. Sometimes it's a parents wishin' for the well-being of a wain. Sometimes its friends remembering those passed on to the next life. But most often it's wishes of lovers, tying their lives together and wishin' for happiness."




So here is my blog, a spot to tie a knot and hope my wishes come true. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's Steph from that ridiculous theory class at ODU! I just started a blog, too, @ born-to-roam@blogspot.com. I'll follow you if you follow me :). I love the story behind the name!

    ReplyDelete